Homecoming is approaching, and schools across Hollywood are preparing for the big weekend of festivities. Whether you are returning to visit your school, or are a student heading off to the homecoming dance, you can trust Al’s Florist for your s. We have been providing beautifully corsages, boutonnieres and unique wearable s for decades, and we look forward to making sure that you stand out on your big night!
Here are a few tips from the experts which we hope will ensure that homecoming is all that you hoped for.
- Order Early – Knowing what s we are going to need guarantees that you will get the s you want!
- Choose Your Dress – The overall style and color of the dress will help us to design the perfect corsage.
- Keep an Open Mind – Be willing to listen to the designer’s ideas – years of expertise and an artistic eye equal to amazing creative ideas. Check out Pinterest for inspiration, but allow us to create a gorgeous piece just for you, featuring in-season s and available elements.
- Wear it Well: Wristlets (or wrist corsages) are essentially floral jewelry. They can be made with tulle, ribbons, beads, or rhinestones as the bracelet which is then adorned with fresh s.
- The Perfect Compliment: It is not necessary that the color of the s match the dress perfectly. In fact, you don’t want them to get lost in photos, so use contrasting and complimentary colors for beautiful effect.
Did You Know? Boutonnieres were once not only made to match the corsage, they were a part of it! A century ago, when a young man gave his date her corsage, it was customary for her to pick out one of the s and pin it to his lapel, symbolizing their status as a couple. That is why today the boutonniere is a small token which exhibits the same design as the corsage.
The homecoming dance is destined to become one of your most treasured memories, so make sure your s are just as memorable. If you live in the Hollywood area, check out our entire collection of Homecoming Dance Flowers here, or come in to speak with one of the designers at Al’s Florist.