When someone you love is in the hospital, you want to show them that you are thinking of them. Sending cards, gifts, and especially s are wonderful ways to let them know how much you care. Flowers are proven to be an instant mood elevator and will put a smile on any recipient’s face. But with so many options to choose from, how do you know the best s to send?
The professionals at Al’s Florist are here to help you navigate hospital delivery policies after choosing the perfect s with the exact meaning for what you want to say. Take a look at some of these tips, tricks and insider information about selecting get-well s the next time someone you love is in the hospital.
How To Choose The Most Appropriate Get-Well Blooms
There are a few things to consider when sending get-well s to a hospital or other medical facility. Here are a few factors to think about:
- Choose s that are long-lasting and low-maintenance. Flowers that will stand the test of time are an excellent choice because your recipient can bring them home with them after their stay. Low-maintenance s will allow your loved one to spend more time recovering and enjoying their s without too much fuss.
- Choose s that are allergy-free. Allergy-prone people just might work in and around your patient in the hospital. Make sure you don’t aggravate their allergies with overly-perfumed s. Choose hypoallergenic options like Bells of Ireland and chrysanthemums to keep allergy symptoms at bay.
- Choose s that are bright and happy. Cheerful, colorful blooms will always perk up any hospital room as well as the patient in it. Send bright colorful s with happy designs to encourage a quick recovery.
- Choose s that come in durable containers. In a busy, crowded hospital room, it’s possible your beautiful arrangement could get bumped, moved or even dropped. Send s in a durable, sturdy container to protect your blooms in the event they are knocked over.
- Choose s in smaller arrangements. Hospital rooms don’t leave a lot of space for giant, showy floral arrangements. Choose something small and compact, like our Love With Lime Bouquet, that will fit nicely in the tight spaces of your patient’s room.
Love with Lime
How To Say What You Mean
Flowers have long been associated with the particular meanings they symbolize. Choose blooms that convey a special message of hope, healing, and optimism for your get-well bouquet. Here’s a list of a few popular get-well s and the meanings they symbolize.
- Lilies: These trumpet-shaped blooms with rich, creamy petals symbolize life and good fortune.
- Hydrangea: Symbolizing perseverance, these cloud-like bunches of blooms are a great choice for anyone recovering in the hospital.
- Suns: Big, showy heads with bright yellow petals characterize suns, which represent long life, nourishment, and lasting happiness.
- Daisies: These bright, happy blooms, as seen along with lilies in our Fresh Sorbet Bouquet always light up a room, as they symbolize happiness and cheerfulness.
- Roses: Gorgeous, classic roses can mean healing, encouragement, and thoughts for the future.
- Carnations: The frilly petals and many colors of these blooms have been used for centuries to convey messages of love, hope, and devotion.
Once you’ve chosen the perfect s that say exactly what you mean, be sure to contact the hospital to determine preferred delivery times, as well as your patient’s room number. Then communicate to your florist the hospital’s full name and address along with the patient’s full name and room number. The floral designers Al’s Florist are glad to take it from there. Our professional designers and delivery service will make sure your loved one gets the most beautiful get-well s in a timely and efficient fashion.
For sample Get Well messages to include with your flowers, or tips on how to write the perfect Get Well message, visit our Card Messaging page.