Spring is in full swing, and our calendars are full of special events – school dances, proms, and graduation ceremonies are all coming up soon! It is true that s make any event more beautiful, and the floral designers at Al’s Florist are just the ones to call for your Hollywood area occasion. We create beautiful corsages, boutonnieres, nosegays and more – and of you prefer, we are happy to work with you to design custom s.
Don’t Forget: Mother’s Day is May 14. Get your Mom a gorgeous corsage to honor her.
* Corsages (and boutonnieres) were once worn as a protection against illnesses and evil spirits. The spirits were thought to especially be looking to harm young brides on their wedding day.
* The word corsage is shortened from “bouquet de corsage”, literally translated “bouquet of the bodice”. The word boutonniere means “little button”, a single displayed in the buttonhole of a suit jacket.
* Corsages were originally worn on the bodice of a dress. Eventually, there were designed to be worn on a shoulder strap or fastened to the waist.
* The wrist corsage is the most popular version of the corsage today.
* Roses, lilies, and orchids are the most common s used in wearable s, but your favorite – or even succulents – can be used for beautifully unique corsages and boutonnieres.
We make completely custom corsages and boutonnieres for every occasion. After so many years of designing beautiful wearable s, you can count on our expertise. We can suggest the best s for your color scheme or the best palette to match your gown.
Here’s a Tip: People often try to match the s perfectly to the dress. However, complimentary hues and unique textures can create dramatic florals that will turn heads. Ask the experts for ideas!
When you are considering wearable s for school dances, proms, and other seasonal events in Hollywood, the designers at Al’s Florist should be your first call.